Sunday, December 05, 2004

This is the baby we've wanted for so long. I was meant to be a mom to a little boy. After the ultrasound, Mike and I went to baby gap and bought a little outfit for the baby. I did look longly at the little girls clothes that are so much cuter. There was a half a second of sadness at not picking out girl clothes and of all the boy things I will have to get into....like football and teaching a little person to be strong and tough instead of cute and pleasing. It is silly to think that now when later on in life my little boy may not even like rough sports.

What really helped me was that Mike and I decided on a name. It makes it more realistic to refer to him as Aiden Michael. I spent all weekend calling him Aiden and saying things like Aiden is kicking me right now or what do you think of these colors for Aidens room. Its exiting to imagine Aiden running around our house and calling me Mommy and smiling at us. That really warms my hear. OK, I'm about to burst into tears.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home