Thursday, May 26, 2005

One Month

The understatement of the year is that you have changed our lives. One month later and I cannot remember what it is like to sleep for 8 straight hours and from what I hear, I will be a light sleeper as long as you live with us. I have to admit that it has been hard for me to adjust, but everyday is a little easier.

You had lots of firsts obviously..You peed on me, your dad. You pooped as soon as we took your diaper off on the White Sox blanket they gave us at the hospital. This happened in front of your grandfather and he will not let you live it down. You look very peaceful when you are asleep.

You have many different cries that took us a while to figure out. There is the whining cry when you want attention and you make a sound that sounds like a cat. Meeeaaaawwww. There is the hungry cry, it is a consistant light cry. There is the I'm tired cry, this one has been the most difficult for us. You use this when you've had too much distraction and need to sleep. Your face gets really red and you make yourself sweat and it is much louder that all the other cries. You make a Maaaauuuu cry that sounds like you are saying MOM. The only one that is worst is the I'm tired and hungry cry. Much like the last one but it gets even louder, if that is possible, and you shreik. It sounds like you are in pain and there is nothing we can do to help. This has brought me to tears.

At your 1 week appointment you weighed 7lbs 8oz and were 21in tall. At your 1 month visit you weighed 8lbs 10oz. You are defenetly growing despite my inconsistant feeding. I have been pumping and feeding EBM in a bottle, while trying to breast feed you, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't and supplementing with formula.

You hated baths at first, but now you love them.

You and I have not been out of the house too much. I am building my confidence a little at a time. I'm scared of not having everything I need while we are out. On your 1 month b-day we took a trip downtown to see my co-workers and have lunch with your aunty Eunice. You wailed in the car and I stopped twice before I made it 1 mile away from the house. I didn't think we could make it, but we did. You have been to the doctor's office, grocery shopping, to both your grandparents house, Jose's and Eunices place, and to my work.

Your cousin Cynthia was born on May 7th, 11 days after you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home